Apply for “Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for China at University of Waikato, New Zealand 2024/2025”
The University of Waikato presents a wonderful opportunity for Chinese students to apply for the Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship program in New Zealand. The program is available for the academic year 2024/2025
The scholarship aims to promote educational opportunities and support talented students from China who will commence in the university’s undergraduate, postgraduate (taught), and postgraduate (research) degree programs.
The University of Waikato believes in rewarding success. That’s why it provides hundreds of scholarships yearly to our students to help fund study and study-related expenses. It offers various qualifications, from undergraduate certificates, diplomas, and degrees to postgraduate research. It provides flexible degree structures so that you can study multiple subjects to shape a capability that matches your career interests.
Why choose to study at the University of Waikato? At this university, candidates can get lifelong support from the employment centre and practical work knowledge. They can also gain the opportunity to work with Research Institutes and Research Centers to build active chapters worldwide.
Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for China at University of Waikato, New Zealand 2024/2025
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: Any
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught), Postgraduate (Research)
- Award: Up to NZD$15,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: China
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to an Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught), or Postgraduate (Research) in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates must be a citizen or permanent residents of China.
- They are applying to enroll full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate program as a new international student at the University of Waikato.
- They have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato (including a pathway offer for a degree packaged with the Certificate of Attainment in the English Language; the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies; Certificate of University Preparation; International Diploma (Business); International Diploma (Computer Science) or Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (Pre-Masters)) at the University of Waikato).
- They have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification used to gain entrance to the University of Waikato.
- They are not currently enrolled at the University of Waikato in any undergraduate or postgraduate program and have not paid fees at the time of application.
- They are not coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body.
- They are not coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can sign up on the university portal and submit their admission All eligible candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Reference letters
- Personal essays
- Research proposals
- Copies of official academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the university’s English language requirements. TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, and many more tests are accepted at the University of Waikato.
The selected candidates will get Scholarships that have a value of up to NZD$15,000 and will be awarded to successful applicants who demonstrate excellent academic achievement.