Apply for “UTS International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarships in Australia 2024/2025”
The University of Technology Sydney is offering scholarships for students pursuing an International Baccalaureate (IB) program. The scholarships are worth 50% of tuition fees and are open to Australian and New Zealand citizens. To be eligible, students must have an offer of admission to an undergraduate degree at the University of Technology Sydney.
UTS International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarships in Australia 2024/2025
Application Deadline: November
- Organization: University of Technology Sydney
- Department: N/A
- Course level: Undergraduate degree
- Award Amount: 50% tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligibility: Students can apply for an undergraduate degree offered at the University of Technology Sydney.
- The award can be taken in Australia
The UTS International Baccalaureate Scholarship was established to attract top-achieving international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma qualification and enrolling in an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney. This scholarship provides recipients with a tuition fee waiver for their first year of study at UTS.
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Commence full-time studies on campus (Sydney). On-campus studies include face-to-face and/or online (remote) learning applicable to all degrees except online degrees and distance mode degrees.; and
- Must be completing or have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma no longer than 1 year prior to commencing at UTS, and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS; and
- Meet the UTS admission criteria for the selected UTS undergraduate degree course; and
- Must obtain an aggregate score including bonus and penalty points of 28 or above in their International Baccalaureate (IB) final grades, or 33 or above in their International Baccalaureate predicted grades at the point the scholarship decision is made; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible; and
- be studying a UTS online degree or distance mode degree; or
- be a government-sponsored student; or
- be a recipient of another UTS scholarship for the duration of this Scholarship.
On-campus studies include face-to-face and/or online (remote) learning applicable to all degrees except online degrees and distance mode degrees.
How to Apply
To apply for the Academic Merit Scholarship, applicants must submit:
- A complete Scholarship application form
- An official transcript of their final International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results or predicted results
- A personal statement detailing their commitment to utilizing their UTS degree to make a positive contribution to their home society/country
- A CV detailing their personal experience and achievement to date, including but not limited to examples of community service, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
Applications will be assessed by a Scholarship Selection Committee and successful applicants will be notified in writing. Scholarships are awarded for the duration of the applicant’s degree at UTS, subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress.