Apply for “University of the West Outstanding International Student Scholarships in USA 2024/2025”
To provide a high-quality education and unique student experience at an affordable price, the University of the West is delighted to announce the Outstanding International Student Scholarships for the academic year 2024/2025.
This scholarship is being funded by a private donor from China and will be awarded to three selected students for their outstanding academic achievement and service to the UWest campus and the Fo Guang Shan community. The students must be enrolled full-time and be on a F-1 visa status to be considered for this $5,000/ per annum award.
The University of the West is a private, non-sectarian, non-profit, Buddhist-affiliated university in Rosemead, California, founded in 1990 by Hsing Yun, founder of the Taiwan-based Buddhist. The university is ranked 156-201 out of 210 National Liberal Arts Colleges in the USA.
Why choose to University of the West? The University of the West aims to provide an overall personality education in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values. The university brings high-quality instruction and inclusive student services and lets its students thrive in a caring, supportive, peaceful, and multicultural campus community.
University of the West Outstanding International Student Scholarships in USA 2024/2025
Application Deadline: June.
- University or Organization: University of the West
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any undergraduate or graduate degree program taught at the University of the West.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international student holding or in the process of applying for a valid F-1 visa.
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time degree program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit applications for admission via the university’s application portal. Students interested in the scholarship award must submit an Outstanding International Student Scholarship Application to the UWest Financial Aid Office by the application deadline to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts
- 2-3 page letter of application
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Current passport
- Documentation of finances
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA for undergraduate entry or 3.5 GPA for graduate entry.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 5.5 to 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 69 to 79 or above
The University of the West will award the three chosen winners a scholarship award amount of $5,000/year per with $2,500 disbursed for each fall and spring semester.