Apply for “University of Adelaide Student Emergency Fund in Australia 2024/2025”
The University of Adelaide is establishing the Student Emergency Fund to offer support to students experiencing financial hardships on their academic journey. Applications for the academic year 2024/2025 are open.
The emergency fund is set up for all needy students, Australian and international students, who want to undertake degree studies, undergraduate, Honours, Postgraduate Coursework, or Postgraduate Research level. They must be enrolled to be considered. The selected students can expect to receive up to $2,000.
Established in 1874, the University of Adelaide is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia, which is also the third-oldest university in Australia. The university, ranking 109th in QS World University Rankings 2023 and 74th in Best Global Universities, is connected to the global world of ideas.
Why choose to study at the University of Adelaide? The University of Adelaide pursue a meaningful change. The university has a unique potential to leverage culturally diverse staff and students. It holds an outstanding reputation worldwide and is a global destination of choice for the very best minds.
Application Deadline: The application is open. However, students should observe course-specific application deadline, if any.
- University or Organization: University of Adelaide
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Award: $2,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Australian
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All overseas and home students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate and postgraduate level degree program of choice offered at the University of Adelaide can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled at the University (undertaking an undergraduate, Honours, Postgraduate Coursework or Postgraduate Research program).
- The applicants must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- The applicants must be able to demonstrate short-term financial need in either education or living expenses.
- The applicants must be undertaking a minimum study load of 3 units per semester.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must log in to the university portal in order to submit an admission application. Interested students must complete an application form to be considered for fund support.
- Supporting Documents: The students are must prepare a personal statement.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of the program they wish to join at the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 577
- PTE – 58
- C1 – 176
The University of Adelaide will award the selected candidates a one-off payment of $2,000 to support their undertaken studies.