Apply for “Track to Tasmania Scholarships for African Students in Australia 2024/2025”
The University of Tasmania is offering African international students commencing study in 2024 a chance to fund their education in Australia through its Track to Tasmania Scholarships for the academic year 2024/2025.
This is a tuition fee scholarship offered to all international undergraduate and postgraduate students who are citizens of selected countries. The winners will be provided a 15% reduction on registered tuition fees of the programme undertaken by them at UTAS for its complete duration.
The University of Tasmania is a public research university, one of the top public universities in Australia. It is ranked 303rd in QS Global World Rankings and strives to continually evolve and transform to meet the challenges and opportunities that face us.
Why choose to study at the University of Tasmania? The University of Tasmania gives its students a strong emphasis on practical learning in order to prepare students for their future careers along with an excellent student support system. It is a globally known university with a high dedication to the stewardship of learning and knowledge, academic freedom, excellence, and integrity.
Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing at the moment. However, students are required to observe program-specific application closing dates.
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Botswana, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or Honours coursework programs, excluding Bachelor of Nursing Hobart and Launceston; and fully online-only programs, and postgraduate coursework programs, excluding Master of Laboratory Medicine and fully online programs can be applied for at the University of Tasmania.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- To receive the scholarship, you must be a citizen of Botswana, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe and be commencing the full fee-paying study of an eligible course at the university for the first time.
- The applicants must have applied for an eligible programme and must be commencing the full fee-paying study of an eligible course at the university for the first time.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are assessed automatically upon submission of their International Student Application. No separate scholarship application is required.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Country-specific academic requirements
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must check the general admission requirements of the university and fulfill the same.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 76
- PTE – 50
- CAE- Grade C
- CPE – Grade C
- Cambridge BCE – Grade C
- UTAS English for Academic Purposes – 60%
The selected candidates will be provided a 15% reduction in registered tuition fees for the full duration of eligible courses undertaken at the University of Tasmania.