Apply for “The University of Auckland India High Achievers Scholarship in New Zealand 2024/2025”
A prestigious degree from New Zealand is valuable and transformative knowledge and will take your education to the next level. The University of Auckland | Waipapa Taumata Rau is thrilled to announce India High Achievers Scholarship for international students from India.
The program was established in 2022 with the purpose to attract and support new Indian students of high calibre from India to enrol full-time in the undergraduate or postgraduate taught study of one year or more at the University of Auckland.
The University of Auckland has adopted a new Maori name, and will now be known as Waipapa Taumata Rau. Auckland received its new name from the people of Ngati Whatua Orakei in an official gifting ceremony. It is the most comprehensive, highest-ranked and private research university established in 1883.
Why study at the University of Auckland? NZ’s leading University of Auckland is a great choice. It ranks 1st for graduate employability and offers a huge number of undergraduate and postgraduate study options. UofA is New Zealand’s largest university and has eight faculties, including three associated research institutes as well as a law school.
Application Deadline: November for semester 1 intake and April for semester 2 intake.
- University or Organization: University of Auckland | Waipapa Taumata Rau
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate taught courses
- Award: Up to $20,000 towards tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International from India
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: India
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Full-time enrolment in a PGDip or master’s degree of 120 points or more. Excluding masters by thesis or an undergraduate degree with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications by new full fee paying International students from India
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- An applicant must be an international student
- Hold a passport issued by the government of India
- Must be resident outside of New Zealand at the time of application,
- Must be either a new student who has received a conditional or unconditional offer of admission, or an English Language Academy (ELA) student who has received a conditional or unconditional offer of admission, and
- Must be enrolled or enrolling full-time in either a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) or master’s degree of 120 points or more. Excluding masters by thesis or an undergraduate degree (applying with overseas secondary or postsecondary qualifications) at Waipapa Taumata Rau | University of Auckland.
- A grade point equivalent (GPE) of at least 6.00 is required for Scholarship consideration
- Students who have already commenced study at Waipapa Taumata Rau | University of Auckland, students who have undertaken any tertiary level study in New Zealand, or students enrolling in a Business master’s programme in the Graduate School of Management (GSM), excluding the Master of Business Analytics and Master of Supply Chain Management, are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
- 180-point master’s degrees that include a thesis of 90 points or more are not eligible programmes for this Scholarship.
- International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible to apply. Then click on “Apply now” and complete the online application form.
- A reference or endorsement is required to support an application
- Supporting Documents: Documents for postgraduate programs can include: a previous degree or qualification, a minimum grade point average (GPA), English language proficiency requirements, and other program-specific requirements.
- Admission Requirements: All applicants have to meet the relevant entry requirements for admission to their preferred program.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language, then provide proof of English proficiency before commencing studies at the University of Auckland | Waipapa Taumata Rau.
The University of Auckland | Waipapa Taumata Rau will provide awards for all the following:
- Scholarships will be awarded annually and will comprise a contribution towards compulsory tuition fees of up to $20,000 each.
- Up to five Scholarships with a value of $20,000, up to ten Scholarships with a value of $10,000, and up to 100 Scholarships with a value of $5,000 will be awarded each year.
- The value of each Scholarship will be determined by the Selection Committee following the ranking of applicants by academic merit.
- Compulsory tuition fees are those only related to the relevant programme of study, plus the Student Services Fee.