Apply for “The University of Auckland ASEAN High Achievers Scholarship in New Zealand 2024/2025”
Start your journey towards a brighter future by choosing New Zealand’s leading university. The University of Auckland is delighted to announce the ASEAN High Achievers Scholarship in New Zealand.
The funding program was established in 2022 to support international students in their studies. This scholarship program aims to support new high-calibre students from ASEAN countries to enrol full-time in one year or more of undergraduate or postgraduate study at the University of Auckland, Waipapa Taumata Rau.
The University of Auckland is one of the top public universities in Auckland established in 1883. As the highest-ranked university in New Zealand, it offers a huge variety of programmes and courses as undergraduate, postgraduate and post-experience programmes.
Why study at Auckland University? Experience uni life, make friends and kick-start your career at the University of Auckland, Waipapa Taumata Rau. Auckland has the most comprehensive range of courses with teaching and research conducted across its eight faculties.
Application Deadline: November (Semester One intake) and April (Semester Two intake)
- University or Organization: University of Auckland
- Department: Waipapa Taumata Rau | University of Auckland
- Course Level: Undergraduate degrees, master’s degrees or postgraduate diplomas
- Award: up to $10,000 towards tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for undergraduate degrees, master’s degrees or postgraduate diplomas in all Faculties at Waipapa Taumata Rau, University of Auckland.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Full-time enrolment in a PGDip or masters degree of 120 points or more, excluding masters by thesis, or an undergraduate degree (with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications) by new full fee paying International students from ASEAN countries.
- An applicant must an international student from an ASEAN country
- Either a new student who has received a conditional or unconditional offer of admission, or an English Language Academy (ELA) student who has received a conditional or unconditional offer of admission
- Enrolled or enrolling full-time in either a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) or master’s degree of 120 points or more
- A grade point equivalent (GPE) of at least 6.00 is required for Scholarship consideration.
How to Apply
Start your journey to the university with an application for admission.
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must click on “Apply now” and complete the online application form. Application is made to the Scholarships Office.
- Supporting Documents: Provide satisfactory evidence of your English proficiency, official programme completion certificate, Birth Certificate or Relevant pages of your passport or Citizenship Certificate, and official academic transcript and a reference or endorsement are required to support an application. Documents the university requires from students can be identified in their acknowledgement email or in their application.
- Admission Requirements: Learn about entry requirements to study undergraduate or postgraduate at the University of Auckland, NZ.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then must provide evidence of English language proficiency such as IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent.
The university will provide awards toward Tuition fees that will be granted for either postgraduate study or undergraduate full-time study at the University of Auckland. Scholarships will be awarded annually and will comprise a contribution towards compulsory tuition fees of up to $10,000 each.