Apply for “Sydney School of Veterinary Sciences Undergraduate Equity Scholarships in Australia 2024/2025”
With an aim to support low socio-economic students seeking financial help to pursue their undergraduate studies in veterinary medicine, the University of Sydney has established the Sydney School of Veterinary Sciences Undergraduate Equity Scholarships for the academic year 2024/2025.
Students from low-income socioeconomic situations who apply to undertake the Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Sydney will be considered for this scholarship award. The award will consist of full tuition fee coverage for three years and a $500 grant for each semester to cover the purchase of books and is tenable for the first 3 years.
Ranked at the 38th position in the world in QS rankings and consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world, the University of Sydney is one of the best universities in Australia. It is committed to developing the skills, knowledge and values of its graduates that they also need to thrive and lead in a rapidly changing world.
Why choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is a very fine and leading global institute of education strongly believing in education for all and leadership that improves lives in all of the communities that it serves. The university has created a place where the best researchers and most promising students can achieve their full potential.
Application Deadline: September
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition Fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission and commence full-time study in the Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- The applicants must be able to demonstrate low socio-economic status via the Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for admission via the university portal. Students must complete the Early Offer Year 12 scheme application process to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a secondary education qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents), or approved higher education study at the University of Sydney or institutions with which the University of Sydney has a Credit Recognition Pathway, or approved preparation courses.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 96
- PTE –68
The successfully selected candidates will be provided academic course fees (capped at CSP rate) for the first 3 years of the Bachelor of Veterinary Biology/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and $500 each semester for the purchase of books which is tenable for the first 3 years.