Apply for “South Asia Excellence Scholarship at University of Newcastle, Australia 2024/2025”
Do you want to apply for a scholarship in Australia? The University of Newcastle is establishing the South Asia Excellence Scholarship to attract high-performing students to study an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
This is merit-based scholarship is open to students from South Asian counties who have the offer to study full-time in a non-quota program and who will commence studying at the University of Newcastle. The award is offered to identify applicants with a strong academic background and encourages them to continue striving to be the best.
Established in 1965 as the University of Newcastle, it has an international reputation for academic excellence. It has more than 37,000 students from all around the world. The university is home to several research centers and offers certificates, diplomas, and degrees through its five faculties, three colleges, and thirteen schools.
Why study at the University of Newcastle? Newcastle offers an unbeatable lifestyle and is an all-around great choice as a safe & friendly place to live. Known as a world-class university with a strong focus on excellence in teaching, student experience, and research, Newcastle has delivered education to talented students from diverse backgrounds in Australia.
Application Deadline: April
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle
- Department: College of Engineering Science and Environment, College of Health Medicine and Wellbeing, and College of Human and Social Futures
- Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program
- Award: $50,000 as a tuition fee reduction
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 100
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of the South Asian counties:
- Sri Lanka.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Applicants must be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, and Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses) at the University of Newcastle in the following colleges:
- College of Engineering Science and Environment
- College of Health Medicine and Wellbeing
- College of Human and Social Futures
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a passport from an eligible South Asia country, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Applicants must be International full-fee paying students.
- Applicants must be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Applicants must not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Applicants must meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee-paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses to obtain their student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Applicants must not be enrolling in an excluded quota program
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to apply at the university by using Newcastle’s online application portal.
- No application is required for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the university where eligibility criteria is met.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants may need to provide all the following:
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
- Course/subject outlines if you wish to apply for credit for previous studies undertaken.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must receive an offer to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University of Newcastle. To submit an application applicant will need to register with the Student Portal.
- Language Requirement: To study at the University of Newcastle, applicants must meet the University’s English requirements.
The University of Newcastle is awarded scholarships to selected students valued at AU$10,000 for each year of full-time, apportioned over each course taken.
- This equates to AU$ 1250 per 10 units of study.
- The award benefit will be applied through tuition fee waivers directly into the recipient’s university student account.