Apply for “School of Geography International Fully-Funded PhD Studentship at the University of Nottingham, UK 2024/2025”
The School of Geography at the University of Nottingham is inviting applications from suitably qualified students for a three-year fully-funded PhD studentship beginning in autumn 2024.
The program is open for international students commencing PhD program at the School of Geography. Selected students will receive £4,850 fees at the Home student rate for 2024/25 and £17,668 full-time yearly stipend comparable to RCUK rates.
The University of Nottingham was founded in 1881 in Nottingham, UK. Its School of Geography is committed to high-quality research and knowledge transfer, rooted in a culture of interdisciplinary and collaborative research and a strong and supportive postgraduate research culture and training program.
Why study at the University of Nottingham? A degree from the University of Nottingham boosts students’ employability and kick-starts their careers. It is known for its high-quality teaching and academic excellence, and its teaching ranked among the best in the UK.
Application Deadline: April
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: School of Geography
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fees – £4,850 and a full-time yearly stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentship will fund PhD research in any field of geography supported by the four research themes:
- Environment and Society
- Economic Worlds
- Cultural and Historical Geography
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be intending to apply to the PhD program beginning in autumn 2023, or
- Applicants must hold an offer to start a PhD research degree program in the School of Geography between 1 October 2023 and 1 February 2024.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the studentship, applicants must hold an offer to start a PhD research degree program in the School of Geography between 1 October 2024 and 1 February 2025.
- After receiving an offer, applicants should download and complete the application form (Word)and submit it to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following information and documents:
- Names of proposed supervisors (applicants must have been in contact with proposed supervisors prior to applying)
- Previous education
- Write a research proposal: the application will usually include a 1,000 to the 3,000-word research proposal.
- Proof of English language qualification
- Admission Requirements: Academic requirements vary by program – check the program pages for details – country-specific webpages.
- International students should apply as early as possible to ensure they have enough time to apply for their student visa and submit any documentation as advised by the admissions team.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t their first language, applicants will also need to meet the relevant English language requirements.
The studentship will cover fees at the Home student rate (£4,850 for 2024/25) and provide a full-time yearly stipend comparable to RCUK rates (currently £17,668).