Apply for “Scholae Mundi Scholars International Scholarship at American University of Armenia 2024/2025”
Scholae Mundi Scholars is a scholarship program created by the IDeA Charitable Foundation and sponsored by “The Scholae Mundi Armenia” Charity Foundation. The program aims to provide learners to study at the American University of Armenia for the academic year 2024/2025.
The funding program supports bachelor’s or master’s candidates who want to complete their studies in Armenia. Selected candidates will cover up to 50% of the total cost of the tuition at the American University of Armenia.
Founded on 21 September 1991, the American University of Armenia (AUA) is offering a global education in Armenia. AUA is a private institution of higher learning that provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education in Armenia. It is a U.S.-accredited institution affiliated with the University of California.
Why study at the American University of Armenia? AUA delivers a high-quality education that promotes civic attention and encourages democratic importance, promoting scholarship in a neighbourhood. It offers master’s degrees in nine fields of study and conducts classes in English. AUA offers financial aid for students such as tuition assistance and scholarship funding to cover the tuition fee of the degree course.
Scholae Mundi Scholars International Scholarship at American University of Armenia 2024/2025
Application Deadline: June
- University or Organization: American University of Armenia
- Department: All
- Course Level: Bachelor, master
- Award: Cover 50% of the total cost
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Armenia
- Eligible Countries: Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Russian Federation, Georgia, Iran, Uzbekistan, Republic of Artsakh and citizens of other countries if they are UWC alumni
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in a bachelor’s or master’s subject offered by the American University of Armenia.
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Starting from the 2023/2024 academic year the program scholarships should include a stronger focus on active social commitment and humanitarian values.
- The preference will be given to the continuing students with the highest academic performance and new applicants with the most competitive scores and readiness to contribute to the agreed activities, which may include inter alia, volunteering work in collaboration with relevant transformative skills activities at the University (offered through the Open Center for Systems Thinking).
- The scholarship may be discontinued if the recipient fails to comply with the volunteering component as defined in the award letter.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must submit a completed application form to the Financial Aid office. Recipients will continue to receive the scholarship throughout their studies at AUA, as long as they remain in good academic standing.
- Supporting Documents: To be considered for the scholarship, attach an essay to this application and answer the following questions:
- What are your professional goals and how will your AUA degree prepare you for those goals and/or advance your career?
- What sets you apart from your peers in your current school or university? Explain why you should be considered.
- Do you have funds to cover your educational expenses, either partially or fully? Provide details as to
- A. How much of the tuition fee can be covered by your available funds?
- B. How much of your available funds can your travel and housing costs cover?
- Essays must be typed and double-spaced – not to exceed 2 pages.
- Send their application and essay to [email protected].
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be able to meet the entry requirements of the university. To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must submit a completed application form to the Financial Aid office. Recipients will continue to receive the scholarship throughout their studies at AUA, as long as they remain in good academic standing.
- Language Requirement: Present valid and official results confirming English Language Proficiency typically through one of the following options:
- TOEFL iBT – refer to target score here.
- IELTS Academic – refer to target score here.
- English Language Proficiency Test Waiver – Native and near-native speakers are eligible for a waiver.
The American University of Armenia will cover up to 50% of the total cost of the tuition.