Apply for “Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarships at University of Sydney 2024/2025”
Earn your undergraduate or postgraduate degree from the University of Sydney by applying for the Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarships. The grant programme is open for the academic year 2024/2025.
This scholarship is valued at up to $8000 and aims to support an undergraduate or postgraduate research Japanese studies student.
The University of Sydney is a public research institution ranked 38th in the QS Global World University Rankings and 27th in the Best Global Universities. It believes in education for all and leadership that improves the quality of life in every community it serves. The University is pleased to produce leaders who promote positive change for the betterment of the international community.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is well-known throughout the world. Consistently ranked among the top 50 universities in the world as a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability, it improves lives by producing society’s leaders and equipping their people with leadership qualities to serve their communities at every level.
Application Deadline: May
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate research
- Award: $8000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Australian and Japanese
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australia and Japan.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or postgraduate degree will be awarded in Japanese studies.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Domestic students enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate research degree in Japanese studies within the School of Languages and Cultures at the Faculty of Arts, and Social Sciences can apply.
- Japanese studies include, without limitation, all studies related to Japanese modern and premodern culture, history, language, society and literature.
- International students
- International students from Japan who are enrolled to study at the University of Sydney and reside or are intending to reside at the Women’s College are eligible to apply.
- Domestic postgraduate research students wish to travel to Japan as part of their research studies.
- Domestic undergraduate or postgraduate research students who can demonstrate financial need.
- Domestic postgraduate research students who live at the Women’s College and intend to travel to Japan as part of their research studies.
- International applicants from Japan and who live at or intend to live at the Women’s College.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must log in to the online portal to submit an admission application. After that, the Scholarship application form must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit the following:
- Area of study and research proposal,
- A personal statement that addresses the reason for the application for the scholarship, relevance of travel to Japan for studies and description of their financial situation
- detailed budget
- financial hardship
- Proof of residency or intended residency at The Women’s College
- Admission Requirements: To become a part of the university, you must meet the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can commence your studies at the University.
The scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $8000. The exact value of the scholarship will be stipulated in the offer letter to the successful recipient.