Apply for “QUT Women in Science, Mathematics and IT Merit Scholarships, Australia 2024/2025”
To support high-achieving female students starting their first year of an undergraduate degree in science, mathematics or IT, Queensland University of Technology came up with the Women in Science, Mathematics and IT Merit Scholarship for the academic year 2024/2025.
This scholarship is exclusively organized for female students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Science, Mathematics or IT at QUT. Students who are identified as Australian or New Zealand and have achieved a minimum ATAR of 90.0 or above are eligible to be considered. Up to $10,000 will be awarded to the selected candidates.
The Queensland University of Technology, ranked within the top 10 Australian universities by the Excellence in Research for Australia and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, is a public research university aiming to tackle global challenges and achieve sustainability.
Why study at the Queensland University of Technology? The mission of the Queensland University of Technology is to create innovators and entrepreneurs of the future who can identify, act on and realize opportunities to create value for others. The students at QUT have access to the best lecturers, study with the most advanced technology and learning spaces, and gain a tonne of hands-on experience with the industry to prepare them for the real world.
QUT Women in Science, Mathematics and IT Merit Scholarships, Australia
Application Deadline: August
- University or Organization: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Australia and New Zealand
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Australia and New Zealand are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments, Bachelor of Mathematics, Bachelor of Data Science, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science Advanced (Honours) majoring in Chemistry, Physics or Earth Science or a double degree including any of the mentioned degrees offered at the Queensland University of Technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have completed Year 12 (or a gap year) in 2024.
- The applicants must be starting university for the first time in 2025.
- The applicants must identify as female.
- The applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, or hold a permanent humanitarian visa.
- The applicants must have achieved a minimum ATAR of 90.0 or above.
- The applicants must have placed QUT as their first preference.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first make an admission application for their desired bachelor degree programme at QUT. Students who complete a QTAC application will be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students must provide documents to prove that they have completed year 12.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have completed Year 12 with an ATAR, or have a completed International Baccalaureate or have completed Year 12 with a vocational education and training (VET) qualification completed at school (certificate IV and above)
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic)
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
The applicants selected will be provided $7,500 to $10,000, as mentioned below, to conduct their bachelor’s study at the Queensland University of Technology.
- Scholarships valued at $7,500 paid over three years for an eligible bachelor’s degree in the Faculty of Science
- Scholarships valued at $10,000 paid over four years for an eligible major in the Bachelor of Science Advanced (Honours).