Apply for “President’s Awards for International Students at Centenary College of Louisiana, USA 2024/2025”
Scholarships give promising students an approach to their education regardless of their financial circumstances. Therefore, Centenary College of Louisiana is offering the President’s Awards.
The programme aims to support overseas students who are going to take part in the undergraduate degree programme at the university.
Centenary College of Louisiana, located in Shreveport, Louisiana, is a private liberal arts college. The United Methodist Church is affiliated with the college. It is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River, founded in 1825, and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Centenary opened in Shreveport, Louisiana, in 1908.
Why study at Centenary College of Louisiana? Centenary graduates are well-prepared for medical and other professional schools, thanks to rigorous coursework and valuable research and internship opportunities. Centenary’s average class size is 13, putting you in close contact with world-class professors who know your name and believe in your potential.
Application Deadline: Open.
- University or Organization: Centenary College of Louisiana
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $25,000/year
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Students must have a 7 Centenary GPA, 1310 Evidence-based Reading and Writing/Math, and 28 composites.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, aspirants must have to complete the online Centenary application or the online Common Application.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- Essay topics (choose one):
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Saint Augustine said, “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” How has traveling impacted your education or how do you hope it will in the future?
- Why Centenary? What has made Centenary stand out to you amid your college search process.
- Original or certified copies of all high school or secondary school records and diplomas
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, college professor, or adviser. Submit all materials to: Centenary College of Louisiana Office of Admission 2911 Centenary Boulevard Shreveport, LA 71104 USA or [email protected].
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have to submit ACT and SAT scores.
- Language Requirement: Non-native English speakers must submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo English Test scores if official SAT I or ACT scores are not provided. An applicant may request to waive the TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo requirement if he or she meets the following criteria:
- Attended the final two years of high school/secondary school at an approved English-only instruction institution resulting in a high school/secondary school diploma; or
- Successfully completed 30 transferable semester hours at a regionally accredited U.S. institution, including a minimum of six semester hours in English (excluding remedial English or English as a Second Language course).
Each successful scholar will receive the amount of $25,000/year to cover their educational expenses at Centenary College of Louisiana in the USA.