Apply for “Nicola Crowley Memorial Scholarship for Women at the University of Auckland, New Zealand 2024/2025”
Give the wings to your aspirations and get one step closer to your goal with the help of this Nicola Crowley Memorial Scholarship for Women in Computer Science. The University of Auckland offers this funding program for the academic year 2024/2025.
The study award is designed to attract new domestic and International female students of high caliber to enroll in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics undergraduate studies at the University of Auckland.
As the biggest university in New Zealand, Auckland was founded in 1883 and is also known as the highest-ranked university in the country. It provides a range of accommodation options for students and has six campuses.
Why study at the University of Auckland? The University of Auckland presents numerous financial aid prospects nationally and globally to sustain education in New Zealand. Here, candidates can come to the forefront of the professional world and get employment opportunities.
Nicola Crowley Memorial Scholarship for Women at the University of Auckland, New Zealand 2024/2025
- University or Organization: University of Auckland
- Department: Computer Science
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International and domestic
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a BSc, BSc conjoint degree, or BAdvSci(Hons) in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants to take up and be paid the Scholarship, the candidate must be enrolled and have spent the fees, or arranged to pay the fees, for full-time enrolment in the first year of a Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science conjoint program or Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) in Computer Science, Data Science or Statistics at the University of Auckland.
- The Scholarship is tenable by women domestic and international students.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit based on results in the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) or an equivalent qualification and financial need.
- Successful applicants will have a GPA of at least 5.00 (see Notes I-II).
- The University of Auckland Council will award the Scholarship upon the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Head of the Department of Computer Science, one member of Academic Staff from the Department of Computer Science nominated by the Head of the Department of Computer Science, and one representative of the donor.
- The Scholarship will be paid in two lump sums, one in Semester One and the second in Semester Two. To be paid the second installment, recipients must have achieved a Semester One GPA of at least 5.00 (equivalent to a B average).
- The Scholarship may be held with any other scholarship, award, or grant as long as a) the terms of that Scholarship, award, or grant permit and b) the University of Auckland Council is informed and approves.
- It is the responsibility of the recipient to declare to the Scholarships Office all other grants, awards, or Scholarship funding received while in payment for this Scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this grant, applicants must take admission to the undergraduate program at the University of Auckland. Application is made to the Scholarships Office. After that, to apply, applicants must click “Apply now” and complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Documents for undergraduate programs can include:
- A previous degree or qualification.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA).
- English language proficiency requirements.
- Other program-specific requirements.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the relevant entry requirements for their preferred program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of English language proficiency, such as IELTS, TOEFL, or equivalent.
The University of Auckland will provide one scholarship of $5,000 for international and domestic women students enrolled full-time in the first year of a BSc, BSc conjoint degree, or BAdvSci (Hons) in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics.