Apply for “Ministry of Education and Science Scholarships for International Students in Kazakhstan 2024/2025”
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan is inviting applications from South African students through the Department of Higher Education and Training for Bachelor’s, Masters, and PhD Scholarships for full-time studies in Kazakhstan for the academic year 2024/2025
South African students that want to pursue their higher education, be it bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree studies, in Kazakhstan can positively apply for this scholarship. To be eligible to win the award, the students must enroll in a participating university and attain a minimum 3.0 GPA in previous qualifications. The award consists of full tuition fee cover and a monthly allowance.
Created in 2009, the Department of Higher Education and Training is one of the departments of the South African government. The DHET overseas universities and other post-secondary education institutions in South Africa.
The Department of Higher Education and Training works with various other governments and institutions to promote and support the offering and uptake of international scholarships and aims to develop capable, well-educated, and skilled citizens who are able to compete in a sustainable, diversified and knowledge-intensive international economy, which meets the development goals of the country.
Ministry of Education and Science Scholarships for International Students in Kazakhstan
Application Deadline: June
- University or Organization: Department of Higher Education and Training
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Allowance
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Kazakhstan.
- Eligible Countries: All applicants are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD programme at any of the participating universities in Kazakhstan.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be foreign citizens including persons of Kazakh nationality who are not a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- The applicants must meet the specific academic entry requirements for their chosen study programme
- The applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA or equivalent for a master’s.
- The applicants must hold a master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA or equivalent for PhD.
- The applicants must be willing to undertake a medical examination.
- The applicants must have applied for a degree programme at one of the participating universities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first apply for admission to the university of their choice via its own application process. Applicants must complete and submit a scholarship application form to be considered for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Qualifications certificates and transcripts
- Motivational essay in Kazakh or Russian, or English
- 1-2 letters of recommendation in Kazakh or Russian, or English
- A medical certificate for studying abroad
- Letter of invitation from the Kazakhstan university (if available).
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet the entry requirements of their respective universities.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic – 5.5
- TOEFL IBT – 46
- TOEFL PBT – 453
- Deutsche Sprachpruefung fuer den Hochschulzugang (DSH, Niveau B2/level B2)
- TestDaF-Prufung (Niveau B2/level B2);
- TFI (Test de Français International™) – not lower than B2 level in reading and listening sections)
- DELF (Diplome d’Etudes en Langue française) – level B2
- DALF (Diplome Approfondi de Langue française) – level B2
- TCF (Test de connaissance du français) – at least 50 points.
The students selected by the Department of Higher Education and Training to be awarded this scholarship will be given the total cost of tuition and a monthly allowance based on the academic programme.