Apply for “MHC Foundation Fellowship 2024/2025”
If you are keen on hands-on experience and professional connections, the Foundation Fellowship Programme started by the University of Georgia’s Morehead Honors College might be an opportunity for you. Applications for the academic year 2024/2025 can be made.
The Foundation Fellowship is an exclusive opportunity for all domestic and international students that apply for an undergraduate program taught at the Morehead Honors College at the University of Georgia. The applicants must be academically brilliant students to be considered.
The foundation fellowship award includes a post-first-year Maymester study abroad program at the University of Oxford, individual travel-study grants, spring group travel-study held during the university’s spring break week, research and academic conference grants, and dinner seminars with faculty and alums.
The Morehead Honors College seeks to inspire students not only to meet but to exceed their academic dreams and to provide them the means to do so. The college offers the best of two worlds—the personal approach of the finest small liberal arts colleges and the great social and academic benefits of a major research university set in the quintessential college town of Athens, Georgia.
Why choose to study at the Morehead Honors College? The Morehead Honors College aims to combine the high-engagement educational experience of a small liberal arts college with the access to academic and extracurricular opportunities associated with a major research institution and empowers its students to use their gifts and expertise to make the UGA campus, the Athens community, and the world a better place.
Application Deadline: November
- University or Organization: Morehead Honors College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Stipend and Other Benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Home
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All domestic and foreign national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for undergraduate degree programs at the Morehead Honors College at the University of Georgia.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be students who have not yet enrolled at another university.
- The applicants must maintain a minimum 3.40 cumulative UGA undergraduate GPA.
- The applicants must take a minimum of 12 hours of classes per semester (except summer) for the scholarship to continue.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit a First-Year Admission application to the University of Georgia to be considered for the Foundation Fellowship. Then the students must access the Morehead Honors College/Foundation Fellowship application form and complete it.
- Supporting Documents: The students must provide official transcripts and other necessary documents for admission.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific requirements of the program they wish to apply for at the
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirements f the university, if applicable.
The winning students will be awarded the following benefits:
- Annual stipend for in-state students, out-of-state students, and international students of $12,650, $20,900, and $22,900 respectively.
- Three fully funded spring travel-study programs valued at up to $9,900.
- One fully funded summer study abroad program at the University of Oxford immediately following the first year valued at up to $8,500.
- Individual travel-study grants up to a cumulative total of $9,000.
- Research and academic conference grants a cumulative total of $1,750.