Apply for “Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships at University of Birmingham, UK 2024/2025”
To enable students to be recognized and rewarded for their excellent academic achievements, the University of Birmingham has established the Metallurgy and Materials International Scholarships for the academic year 2024/2025 in the UK.
This scholarship application is offered to all international and EU national students for their higher education in engineering. The students will be selected for an award worth £1,500 for their undergraduate studies. The selection will be based on their academic merits.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university, one of the top Public universities in Birmingham, at that. It is ranked 87th in QS Global World Rankings 2021. The University of Birmingham intends to be recognized as one of the world’s leading universities and is committed to carrying out research that is world-leading in its originality, significance, and rigor.
Why choose to study at the University of Birmingham? The University of Birmingham, a leading global university listed under the top 1% of universities across the world, is a university offering programmes that are designed in a way that highlights the quality of education required in today’s world, not just on paper but also practically.
Application Deadline: There is no application deadline. Applications are open all year round. However, programme specific application deadlines must be observed.
- University or Organisation: University of Birmingham
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from EU/Overseas countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for Materials Science and Engineering BEng, Materials Science and Engineering MEng, Materials Science and Engineering with Industrial Experience MEng, Aerospace Engineering BEng, Aerospace Engineering MEng, Nuclear Engineering MEng, or Nuclear Science and Materials BSc offered at the University of Birmingham.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- A-Levels AAB
- IB: 6, 6, 5 from Higher Levels
- HKDSE: 5, 5, 4
- Indian Standard XII ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra 80% overall
- Indian Standard XII West Bengal: 75% overall
- Indian Standard XII Other State board: 85% overall
- Malaysian STPM: Grades equivalent to A level grades above
- Be classified as international for fees on your acceptance to the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first apply for admission in any of the desired eligible programmes via the online application portal of the university. No separate scholarship is required.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic certificate and transcript
- Personal statement
- Contact details of two referees
- Research proposal
- Sample work
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the international entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on English language proficiency tests to provide proof of proficiency. IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or alternative qualifications are accepted by Birmingham.
This award presented by the University of Birmingham to the selected students consists of a £1,500 tuition fee discount or cash transfer in each year of their undertaken undergraduate degree.