Apply for “Mary Woolfe Charitable Trust Bursaries for International Students in UK 2024/2025”
The Guildford School of Acting is offering the Mary Woolfe Charitable Trust Bursaries for the academic year 2024/2025. All interested candidates are invited to apply for this funding opportunity.
These scholarships are open to home, EU, and international students who enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate level study program at the Guildford School of Acting. Students identified as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background are also eligible to participate.
Guildford School of Acting is a drama school in Guildford, Surrey, England. The school is an academic school in the University of Surrey and a member of the Federation of Drama Schools. It is also regarded as one of the most highly regarded musical theatre schools in the world.
Why choose to study at the Guildford School of Acting? The Guildford School of Acting is passionate about constantly upholding and developing its reputation, ensuring that its students have the technical skills they need and also encouraging them to develop their artistic integrity, entrepreneurism and creativity to succeed as artists.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Guildford School of Acting
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: £1,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Home
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: All international and British students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for undergraduate or postgraduate study at the Guildford School of Acting.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be students (including UK/EU and International) enrolled on a programme of study at GSA for the 2023-24 academic year.
- The applicants must fall into Areas of high Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) Quintile 1, Areas of Low Participation in Higher Education (LPN) POLAR4 Quintile 1, or be students from a low-income family (eligible for Free School Meals in the last six years).
- The applicants can be students with a disability.
- The applicants can be from a Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic background or from a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showman or Boater (GRTSB) community Refugee or asylum seeker.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The admission application must be submitted on the website of the school. All students that meet the scholarship eligibility criteria will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit a supporting statement of up to 300 words.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific requirements, expectedly samples of talent or portfolio, or more.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The successfully selected candidates will be awarded a bursary valued at £1,000, to support the cost of their choice of an undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the Guildford School of Acting.