Apply for “LUC Financial Support Program for International Students at Leiden University, Netherlands 2024/2025”
Leiden University initiates the LCU financial support program to attract excellent international students for the academic year 2024/2025. The fund is available to pursue bachelor’s degree coursework in the Netherlands.
The LUC Financial Support Program provides to recipients who will be awarded an amount between 1000 Euro and 3000 Euro per year, the exact amount to be determined by LUC based on the applicant’s situation and the number of funds available.
Leiden University is the elder institution of higher education in the Netherlands. It was founded in 1575, the oldest university in the Netherlands. Leiden University wants a certain worldwide extent specified over four centuries. The Faculty of Science is a world-class faculty where teams and researchers perform jointly in a vibrant global climate. The chemistry and life science examination at the Leiden Institute of Chemistry (LIC) is arranged in two primary research areas: Chemical Biology and Energy & Sustainability.
Why study at Leiden University? Leiden keeps education, study, group structure, overseas deals, skill cultivation, and campus artistic structure and delivers multiple positions and grants. It also delivers high-quality education, a broad bachelor’s and master’s program choice, and emotional support for students’ studies.
LUC Financial Support Program for International Students at Leiden University, Netherlands 2024/2025
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline: 15 March , and admission deadline: 1 December
- University or Organization: Leiden University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor’s degree
- Award: 1000 Euro and 3000 Euro per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Bachelor’s degree program subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Prospective students:
- When applying for the scholarship, they must have already applied for admission to LUC.
- During the scholarship selection period (March to May), they must have already been (conditionally) admitted to LUC.
- Current LUC students:
- When applying for the scholarship, they must make good academic progress without significant or non-substantiated credit shortages.
- They have not previously obtained a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- They can provide documentary evidence that they cannot study at LUC without financial support. See information on Criteria, required documents, and conditions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission to LUC through Leiden University’s online application portal. Before 15 March: The scholarship section of their online application indicates that they wish to apply for the LUC financial support program.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of a valid passport or ID card
- Copy of a Dutch residence permit (if applicable)
- Language proficiency (if applicable)
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts
- Letters of motivation (max one A4)
- Letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Students have to complete the admission requirements of Leiden University.
- Language Requirement: Students must verify their English proficiency by completing their English proficiency requirements.
Leiden University will provide scholarships to the selected bachelor’s degree students with the following fellowship benefits:
- Recipients will be awarded between 1000 Euro and 3000 Euro per year – the exact amount to be determined by LUC based on the applicant’s situation and the number of funds available.
- Funds are awarded for one academic year. At the end of that year, students will be invited to request a renewal of their financial support for the following academic year.
- Renewal of financial support is at the discretion of LUC and is not guaranteed. When requesting a renewal, students must demonstrate that their financial situation is unchanged.
- Financial support can be awarded for three academic years (6 semesters).