Apply for “JCU International On-Campus Accommodation Grants in Australia 2024/2025”
The International On-Campus Accommodation Grant is a great opportunity for international students to get some financial assistance with their studies. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2024/2025.
The grant is available to all undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree students at James Cook University. There are a total of six grants available, each worth up to $3,700. This is a great way for international students to help cover the costs of their studies. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a course at James Cook University.
Application Deadline: December
- Organization: James Cook University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: All undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree
- Award Amount: Up to $3,700 once off payment
- Number of Awards: 6
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- Eligible Countries: All international students, including Australia students, can apply.
- Eligibility: Students can apply for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree offered at James Cook University.
- The award can be taken in Australia.
The aim of this grant is to support international full-degree students living and studying at JCU’s Cairns Nguma-bada campus. Recipients of the grant will be passionate about leading on-campus activities during their time at JCU. This Scholarship is subject to the provisions of James Cook University’s Coursework Scholarships, Bursaries and Grants Policy.
If all the below statements describe you and your current situation, you can apply for this grant:
- I am an International student
- Commencing in Study Period One (1) or Trimester One (1) 2024; and
- Enrolled full time (min 9 credit points) in an Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework degree; and
- Intending to live on campus at the John Grey Hall Accommodation in Cairns, Nguma-bada campus.
How to Apply
To apply for this Grant, applicants must submit a completed application form along with the following supporting documents:
- A character reference attesting to your participation in extra-curricular activities, community engagement and organisational skills (from a school or community group)
- A resume outlining work experiences, leadership and organisational experiences, community engagement and participation (ie in social/sporting clubs, forums, competitions, arts, cultural or religious activities)
- A written statement of no more than 250 words outlining your reasons for choosing to study your chosen degree, and how you intend to contribute to student life on campus and at JCU’s on-campus accommodation facility.
Please note that incomplete applications or applications missing any of the required supporting documentation will not be considered.
The value of the grant is up to $3.700, to be paid as a once-off payment after the census date of Study Period 1, 2024. Up to 6 grants are available to be awarded.