Apply for “International Scholarships at King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia 2024/2025”
Getting a degree is always beneficial in a career, but it can be difficult with some financial barriers. To cover study expenses, King Abdulaziz University is offering a scholarship programme for the academic year 2024/2025.
The motive of the bursary is to support international applicants who are going to take part in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree programme in Saudi Arabia.
King Abdulaziz University, or KAU, is a public university in the Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah. It was started as a private university in 1967 by a group of businessmen led by writer Hamza Bogary and including Muhammad Abu Bakr Bakhashab. King Faisal, who was king at the time, told the Council Ministers of Saudi Arabia to turn King Abdulaziz University into a public university. This happened in 1974. Times Higher Education says it will be the best Arab university in 2021.
Why study at King Abdulaziz University? The university will become a leader in developing standards of assessment for student performance, high-quality research and development programs, cultural contributions, garnering the trust of society and the corporate world, and optimal investment of university resources and capabilities.
International Scholarships at King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: King Abdulaziz University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- Award: Monthly bursary, preparation allowance, and other
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Saudi Arabia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Students must be of good conduct.
- Students must make a full commitment to the KAU regulations and by-laws.
- The student must be medically fit.
- Regular Students attending morning duty must commit themselves to full-time study.
- The student’s secondary school graduation certificate must not be older than three years.
- Students must not be younger than 17 years old or older than 25 years old for the undergraduate level.
- Students must not be dismissed from any university for any reason.
- A Female student must be accompanied by a relative who is within the prohibited degrees with a regular resident.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To being enlisted in the programme, aspirants must have to take admission in the undergraduate and graduate degree.
- Supporting Documents: The student must provide two recommendation letters from their previous faculty members.
- Admission Requirements: The student must have obtained a secondary school or bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent from within KSA or abroad.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants must have the following test scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 500 in PBT
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 173 in CBT
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 61 in IBT
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5
The university will provide a monthly bursary, a preparation allowance when coming for the first time, the candidate would receive the health care, providing accommodation and facilities, subsidized meals can be provided for international students, an allowance for printing the thesis for postgraduate students, and an allowance for shipping books (when graduated) and a two-way ticket annually.