Apply for “International Accommodation Bursary Scholarship 2024/2025”
Edith Cowan University offers an International Accommodation Bursary Scholarship for international students who study on-campus at ECU in 2024. The scholarships are worth up to 50% of the cost of tuition and can be used for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. To be eligible, students must be international students (not Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, or New Zealand citizens).
Application Deadline: August
- Organization: Edith Cowan University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Award Amount: Up to 50% reduction.
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Students
- Eligible Countries: Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia, or New Zealand citizen
- Eligibility: Students can apply for Undergraduate or Master’s degrees offered at the Edith Cowan University.
- The award can be taken in Australia.
Western Australia’s Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a public university. It is the only university in Australia to bear the name of a woman, Edith Cowan, who was the first to be elected to the Australian parliament. It was created through a merger of tertiary colleges that had histories dating back to 1902, when the Claremont Teachers College was founded, earning it university status in 1991. As such, it is the modern descendent of the first higher institution in Western Australia.
The bursary offers a 50% reduction in accommodation fees for those on a 22-week or 44-week contract at the ECU Mount Lawley Student Village. This is a great opportunity for students looking to study in Australia, as the cost of living can be expensive in comparison to other countries. The bursary is also available to students who commenced their on-campus course online due to COVID-19 travel restrictions and will be studying on-campus for the first time.
To be eligible for this bursary you must:
- Be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- Be studying an undergraduate or master by coursework program on-campus for the first time, at ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley locations in 2024;
- Be able to meet mandatory vaccination and travel requirements set by the Australian and Western Australian Governments;
- New future students – must have accepted their offer between 2 September 2023 and 6 August 2024, to study at ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley;
- Continuing students – must have commenced their studies online between the academic teaching periods of 20 July 2020 – 25 July 2022 due to COVID-19 and be studying on campus for the first time in 2024. Proof of valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or offshore status may be required at the time of application.
- At all relevant times meet the entry and ongoing accommodation requirements of the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley; and
- Do not receive a government scholarship or industry sponsorship for your studies.
How to Apply
To apply for the International Accommodation Bursary, students must first confirm room availability at ECU Student Village Mount Lawley by emailing email to: [email protected] Once room availability is confirmed, students can then book their accommodation by visiting the ECU Village website. The bursary will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 100 eligible applicants.