Apply for “INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship in Bulgaria 2024/2025”
The INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship welcomes applications from students carrying out research activities in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, and Technology. The program is 8-10 weeks long, with the exact duration of the summer project decided between the student and their mentor.
The program offers the opportunity to highly motivated undergraduate students worldwide to engage in research activities in the summer under the mentorship of faculty and researchers at INSAIT. Selected students will receive a monthly stipend of 1500 EUR to cover their living & accommodation expenses.
Institute for Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Technology (INSAIT) was founded on April 11, 2022, in Sofia by the Bulgarian government. It was established to create a world-class, leading AI and computer science research and education institution in the country.
Application Deadline: February
- University or Organization: INSAIT
- Department: AI and Computer Science
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: A monthly stipend of 1500 Euros
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Bulgaria
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate students in fields related to AI and Computer Science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students must carry out research activities in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, and Technology
- Students are expected to be present at the institute in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in any accredited university are eligible to apply.
- The students should be enrolled in a STEM major such as computer science or math.
- To be eligible, applicants should also have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or the equivalent in the corresponding grading system.
- Applications from communities generally underrepresented in STEM are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an online application form to apply for the INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to submit their application materials via the online platform before the deadline. The application should include the following:
- A current CV (in pdf format).
- An unofficial transcript from your university (in pdf format).
- A one-page motivation letter (in pdf format) on – Why applicants are interested in the summer research program, two research areas at INSAIT that they are interested in, and whether they have prior research experience.
- Admission Requirements: NA
- Language Requirement: English language skills are required.
The program will provide all the following:
- A monthly stipend of 1500 Euros will be provided to the fellows to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- Travel support for selected candidates will also be provided.