Apply for “Information Technology and Computer Science International Excellence Scholarship at University of Newcastle, Australia 2024/2025”
Do you want support to study in Australia? The University of Newcastle is committed to offering its International Excellence Scholarship (Information Technology and Computer Science) programs to students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and languages.
The funding program is available to worldwide students planning to enroll in full-time bachelor, graduate, and master studies in Australia. The winning candidates will get AU$ 15,000 each year for full-time study.
The College of Engineering, Science and Environment at the University of Newcastle brings together expertise in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to deliver life-ready graduates and transformative solutions to our region and the world.
Why study at the University of Newcastle? Newcastle offers a world-class learning experience that sees its graduates equipped to pursue a fulfilling career in a broad range of fields and effect meaningful change in the world.
Information Technology and Computer Science International Excellence Scholarship at University of Newcastle, Australia 2024/2025
Application Deadline: Open for 2024. Late applications may be considered for the next available intake.
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle
- Department: College of Engineering Science and Environment
- Course Level: Bachelor, Graduate, and Master
- Award: $60,000 (AU$15,000 for each year)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 100
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The International Excellence Scholarship (Information Technology and Computer Science) will be awarded to the following eligible programs:
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Bachelor of Data Science/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Data Science/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security
- Master of Cyber Security
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science
- Master of Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be commencing study in an eligible program at the University of Newcastle in 2023 and beyond at an Australian or online campus as indicated on your Letter of Offer
- Applicants must be International full-fee paying students.
- Applicants must not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Applicants must meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee-paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses to obtain their student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no need to submit a separate application for the scholarship program. Applicants will automatically consider when they apply for a degree program by using Newcastle’s online application portal.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit scanned colored originals or certified copies of original documents, which must include an unmovable stamp, a signature, and the date of certification. Documents that applicants may need to provide are:
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
- Course/subject outlines if you wish to apply for credit for previous studies undertaken
- Admission Requirements: For the admission process, all the documents must be certified by one of the following:
- A registered notary public
- A registered Justice of the Peace
- Any Australian Education Centre
- Any education agent that applicants have authorized as their representative
- An authorized officer of an Australian diplomatic mission
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t their first language, applicants may be required to provide results from an acceptable English language test such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic that has been undertaken in the last two years before commencing their studies.
At the College of Engineering Science and Environment, the University of Newcastle offers 100 International Excellence Scholarships (Information Technology and Computer Science) valued at AU$60,000.
- The award is valued at AU$ 15,000 for each year of study under a full-time study load, apportioned over each course taken. This equates to AU$ 1875 per 10 units of study.
- The benefit will be applied directly to your university tuition fee account as a fee reduction.