Apply for “Huy Tien Vu Scholarship for International Students at the University of Waikato, New Zealand 2024/2025″
In memory of Huy Vu, the University of Waikato is offering applications for the Huy Tien Vu Scholarship in New Zealand. The award will contribute $5000 each year to support bachelor studies in Management/Commerce.
The funding scheme is open to support extraordinary global students or students from an international refugee background submerged in the University community and studying towards an undergraduate degree in the Waikato Management School.
The University of Waikato was established in 1964 and is located in Hamilton, New Zealand. It offers a range of programs at undergraduate and graduate (master’s and PhD) levels.
Why study at the University of Waikato? By studying at this world-ranked university, students will experience accessible academic staff and have the chance to pursue graduate opportunities. It provides study avenues for all at the national and global levels.
Huy Tien Vu Scholarship for International Students at the University of Waikato, New Zealand 2024/2025
Application Deadline: March
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: Waikato Management School
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: One scholarship will be awarded each year.
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The Scholarship will be awarded for the undergraduate degree in Management/Commerce at Waikato Management School.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have completed at least two years of full-time study at the University of Waikato and
- be currently enrolled full-time in the third year (or above) in an undergraduate degree program offered by Waikato Management School;
- have achieved at least a B+ Grade Point Average in their most recent 120 points of study at the University of Waikato; and
- be contributing to the wider University community.
- Preference will be given to students from Vietnam and/or students who are refugees.
How to Apply
International students interested in studying at the University of Waikato must submit an ‘Application to Enrol’ to have access to apply for scholarships.
- How to Apply: If applicants are new to the University of Waikato, they will need to complete an Application to enroll before they can have access to apply for Scholarships and Awards
- Supporting Documents: As part of the online application process, each applicant must submit: A personal statement that sets out the following:
- a) Why completing a degree from Waikato Management School is important to the candidate and their future ambitions;
- b) Their involvement in the University community, including any impact they have made on other students;
- c) Any other information to support their application (e.g., refugee status; financial hardship).
- Admission Requirements: Before applying to study for a program at the University of Waikato, ensure that applicants meet all of the university’s minimum entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English or M?ori are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency.
One scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded each year and will be paid as follows:
- $2,500 will be paid in cash directly to the recipient as soon as practicable after the scholarship is accepted.
- $2,500 will be paid in cash directly to the recipient after the withdrawal date for B Trimester. On the confirmation, the student meets all conditions in clause 2.5.
The scholarship will have a maximum tenure of one year.