Apply for “Guildford School of Acting Doris & Hilda Farmer Charitable Trust Bursaries in UK 2024/2025”
Passionate acting students looking for financial support to build their dream careers in the industry are invited by the Guildford School of Acting to apply for its Doris & Hilda Farmer Charitable Trust Bursaries for the academic year 2024/2025.
These awards are open to British, EU, and international students pursuing any level of education certificate, undergraduate or postgraduate, at the Guildford School of Acting care eligible candidates. 20 students will be awarded a scholarship amount of £1,000 each towards the ongoing school year.
Founded in 1935, the Guildford School of Acting is a drama school in Guildford, Surrey, England. This academic school is a part of the University of Surrey, which ranks 305thin QS World University Rankings 2023, and is also a member of the Federation of Drama Schools
Why choose to study at the Guildford School of Acting? The Guildford School of Acting is regarded as one of the most highly regarded musical theatre schools in the world. While constantly upholding and developing its reputation, it also ensures that its students have the technical skills they need and encourages them to develop their artistic integrity, entrepreneurial, and creativity to succeed as artists.
Guildford School of Acting Doris & Hilda Farmer Charitable Trust Bursaries in UK 2024/2025
Application Deadline: The students must observe course-specific application deadlines.
- University or Organization: Guildford School of Acting
- Department: NA
- Course Level: CertHE, undergraduate or postgraduate
- Award: £1,000
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Home
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU, and students from other international countries can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for CertHE, undergraduate or postgraduate courses at the Guildford School of Acting.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be students (including UK/EU and International) enrolled on a programme of study at GSA for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- The applicants must fall into at least ONE of the following specific Widening Participation categories to be considered for one of the scholarships.
- The applicants must be students from low-income families.
- The applicants must have a disability.
- The applicants must come from a Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic background or from a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showman or Boater (GRTSB) community Refugee or asylum seeker.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an admission application via the website of school. Students who meet the criteria of the scholarship shall be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to prepare a supporting statement of up to 300 words.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants should the course-specific requirements, samples of talent or portfolio, or more.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The students selected by the Guildford School of Acting to be awarded this scholarship will be given a sum of £1,000.