Apply for “Foundation in Excellence International Freshman Automatic Merit Scholarships in USA 2024/2025”
The University of Alabama is excited to announce its Foundation in Excellence International Freshman Automatic Merit Scholarships in the USA for the academic year 2024/2025. Applications are now open.
All interested international students seeking to undertake and enroll in an undergraduate programme at the University of Alabama are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The applicants must have a minimum of 29 ACT/ 1330 SAT and a 3.00 GPA to be considered for this $15,000 award.
The University of Alabama is a public research university in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It was established in 1820 and is now the oldest and largest of the public universities in Alabama and the University of Alabama System. It ranks 148th among National Universities and provides opportunities and resources that facilitate work-life balance and enhance outstanding faculty and staff recruitment and retention.
Why choose to study at the University of Alabama? The University of Alabama is striving to be known as the university of choice for the best and brightest students in Alabama and all students who seek exceptional educational opportunities and become a student-centered research university and an academic community united in its commitment to enhancing the quality of life for all Alabamians and the citizens of the nation and the world.
Application Deadline: November
- University or Organization: University of Alabama
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $15,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any undergraduate degree programme of choice offered at the University of Alabama can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have attained 29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT or 30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT.
- The applicants must have a GPA of 3.00 – 3.49 or above 3.50.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for admission via the university portal. All international students that meet the scholarship’s eligibility will be considered accordingly.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of passport
- Relevant visa and immigration documents
- Official high school transcript
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the international student’s criteria for eligibility to be considered for admission at UA.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT score of 79 and above
- TOEFL paper-based score of 550 and above
- TOEFL Essentials score of 8.5 and above
- IELTS score of 6.0 or above
- Pearson’s Test English score of 54 or above
- Duolingo English Test score of 110 or above
- IB Literature (SL & HL) final grade of 4 or above
- IB Language & Literature (SL & HL) final grade of 4 or above
- English Language A or AS Level final grade in the A-E range
The applicants selected as winners by the University of Alabama will be entitled to receive an award amounting to $15,000 towards the cost of the undergraduate programme undertaken by them.