Apply for “ETH4D Research to Action Grants for International Students in Switzerland 2024/2025”
In order to develop prototypes and give researchers explorative opportunities for entrepreneurship, the ETH Zurich is proud to announce that it will be awarding the ETH4D Research to Action Grants for international Students.
These action grants are open to all. Students from abroad and from within Switzerland who are enrolled in bachelor, master, doctoral, or postdoctoral level courses at ETH Zurich are eligible to participate. The selected candidates will be provided a sum of 5,000 CHF that they can use for activities such as travel and more.
ETH Zurich is a public research university in Zürich, Switzerland, and one of the top public universities, at that. It is ranked 9th in QS World University Rankings 2023. The university was founded in 1854 by the Swiss federal government with a mission to educate engineers and scientists.
Why choose to study at ETH Zurich? ETH Zurich has a vision for the future. It has four action areas, namely, data and information, health and medicine, materials and manufacturing, and responsibility and sustainability. The university creates more space for curiosity, creativity and flexibility within degree programmes to give its students practical experience through project work.
ETH4D Research to Action Grants for International Students in Switzerland 2024/2025
Application Deadline: June
- University or Organization: ETH Zurich
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, Doctoral or Postdoctoral
- Award: 5,000 CHF
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: Swiss and overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for projects that demonstrate global development-related impact by bridging the gap between research and practice, at ETH Zurich.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be employed or enrolled at ETH Zurich.
- The applicants with projects revolving around activities in a “least-?developed”, “low-income” and “lower-middle-income” country and direct involvement of collaborating institutions or agencies from said countries will be given preference.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first enroll and gain admission in their desired programme. Then, to apply for this opportunity, they must complete a grant application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Completed electronic application form
- Project description and objectives
- If applicable, a letter of support from a non-academic partner or collaborator
- Detailed budget
- Financial confirmation letter by ETH professor or unit
- CV of the applicant, including publication list (max. 2 pages)
- One reference letter from within ETH
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of their desired study programme at the bachelor, master, doctoral, or postdoctoral level, to secure admission.
- Language Requirement:The students must be proficient in English and German language and meet the proficiency requirements of the university.
The ETH Zurich will award the selected candidates a grant of 5,000 CHF for activities such as:
- Material for developing innovative ideas (e.g., prototypes) to address a challenge faced by global development practitioners (e.g., NGOs, foundations, start-ups, international organisations) (max. 5kCHF)
- Organization of or active participation in a stakeholder workshop, non-academic conference, or policy dialogue (max. 5kCHF)
- Production of a video showcasing the research results (max. 2kCHF)
- Exhibition or other creative formats showcasing the research results (max. 5kCHF)
- Travel back to the field to present and discuss research results (i.e., doctoral project) with local stakeholders and participants