Apply for “EDC Ukrainian Empowerment Scholarships in Canada 2024/2025”
Export Development Canada (EDC) is inviting post-secondary students with the potential to become community champions. They can apply for the EDC Ukrainian Empowerment Scholarship for the academic year 2024/2025.
International students, especially from Ukraine, who have strong academic standing with a minimum 70% cumulative average, are ideal candidates to be considered for this award. Students enrolled in an undergraduate study program at a Canadian university or college are eligible. The applicants must also demonstrate leadership, extra-curricular, and volunteering with keen interest in supporting Ukraine’s culture. The scholarship is valued at $5,000.
Export Development Canada (EDC) is Canada’s crown corporation export credit agency. It is a wholly state-owned enterprise by the Government of Canada dedicated to helping Canadian companies of all sizes succeed on the world stage. Their job is to help Canadian companies to navigate, manage and take on risks to support their growth beyond Canada’s borders.
TheExport Development Canada (EDC) equips Canadian companies with the tools they need, the trade knowledge, financial solutions, equity, insurance, and connections, to grow their business with confidence. Then, ultimately this leads to job creation and increased prosperity. The organisation’s vision is to make Canada and the world a better place through trade.
Application Deadline: February
- University or Organization: Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ukraine
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Students from Ukraine can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate-level study program of in Business and finance, Operations and administration, Information technology, or a field related to the support of Ukrainians in Canada or abroad taught at a Canadian college or university can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be able to provide their SIN (Social Insurance Number) for tax purposes.
- The applicants must be of Ukrainian origin or descent.
- The applicants must have received a Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) and/or Expedited Family Sponsorship for Ukrainians.
- The applicants must demonstrate active involvement in supporting Ukrainian culture.
- The applicants must demonstrate of dedicated leadership, volunteering, and/or extra-curricular.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications at the Canadian university or college of choice can be made via its own application portal. Scholarship applications must be made online through this page under ‘EDC International Business Scholarships 2024/2025
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement/letter of intent
- Resume or portfolio
- Reference letter (maximum 1 page)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of the programme they wish to join at their respective universities.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of their respective universities. TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, and many more language test results are accepted in Canadian education institutes.
The winners of the EDC Ukrainian Empowerment Scholarship will be provided a $5,000 award towards their undergraduate study cost in Canada.