Apply for “Destination Australia Scholarships for International Students at Flinders University in Australia 2024/2025”
Flinders University has established the Destination Australia Scholarships programme to attract high-potential students in Australia for the academic year 2024/2025.
The programme aims to support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia, grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high-quality learning experience. There are twelve scholarships available to domestic students and two for international students.
Founded in 1966, Flinders University is a public research university. It offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses and higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Flinders University is amongst the world’s top 300 institutions at 266 according to the 2022 Times Higher Education rankings. Flinders University has many sports teams that compete in social and competitive competitions.
Why study at Flinders University? Flinders University provides the skills and confidence you need to excel in your studies and chosen career. Students at Flinders are constantly challenged and intellectually stimulated and enjoy working in a challenging, stimulating environment.
Destination Australia Scholarships for International Students at Flinders University in Australia
Application Deadline: August
- University or Organization: Flinders University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $15,000
- Number of Awards: 14
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or international
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be commencing a bachelor’s degree at the Riverland campus of Flinders University
- Maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Be enrolled full-time.
- International recipients are also required to maintain a Student Visa for the duration of the scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date. After that, the applicants can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: All academic documentation submitted to Flinders electronically must be certified. They also require certified copies of passports for applicants from some countries.
- Admission Requirements: Scholarships will be awarded for the duration of the recipient’s program, subject to maintaining a GPA of 4.0. The maximum tenure is three years.
- Language Requirement: International students must satisfy English language proficiency requirements for admission. If your first language is not English, you will need to have:
- Achieved the required test score for the course you are applying for. The IELTS and equivalent scores to meet the various levels are shown in Schedule 1 and the table below. IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and Cambridge tests must be taken in a registered testing center.
The selected students will be provided $15,000 per annum for the duration of the recipient’s program, up to a maximum of three years at Flinders University.