Apply for “Columbia University Summer Undergraduate Research Program for International Students 2024/2025”
Do you want to build a career in biomedically-related sciences? Then, this incredible opportunity is your chance! Columbia University is introducing its SURP Program at Sloan Kettering for the academic year 2024/2025
Domestic/American and international undergraduate freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are exclusively offered an opportunity to apply for this scholarship opportunity at Columbia University. The award consists $6,000 stipend and accommodation.
Columbia University is a private research university in New York City established in 1754. The university, now one of the Ivy League universities, was first named King’s College. It is the oldest institution of higher education in New York and the fifth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States globally ranking 7th in Best Global Universities.
Why study at Columbia University? Columbia University, seeking to attract and engage the best minds in pursuit of greater human understanding, pioneering new discoveries, and service to society, aims to mould all its students personally and professionally for their desired success. Students and graduates of Columbia are world-changers with qualities such as Courage for Innovation, Commitment to Social Justice, and Confidence.
Application Deadline: February
- University or Organization: Columbia University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Stipend and Housing
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate level programs taught at Columbia University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must not be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents, U.S. citizens or U.S. Permanent residents.
- The applicants must be applying for the summer term.
- The applicants must have taken some advanced science courses and have research experience.
- The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have completed college-level general biology and/or introductory chemistry, and have research experience to be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications at Columbia University can be submitted through the online portal. The application for the summer program must be made here.
- Supporting Documents: The students must present official transcripts, admission essays, and two letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet all requirements on the ‘how to apply’ page.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests as well as English language requirements:
- TOEFL IBT – 105
- IELTS – 7.5
- Duolingo – 135
The students selected as winners of this scholarship award by Columbia University can expect to receive a stipend worth $6,000 and housing accommodations.